Join the Civitan Services Family and Make A Difference in the Lives of People with Developmental Disabilities
To apply for one of our job openings:
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 368
Benton, AR 72018-0368
You can also apply in person at our Bryant Campus located at 403 S. Reynolds Rd. Bryant, AR 72202
Civitan Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Instructor will provide level appropriate habilitation instruction and skills development training to adults with developmental disabilities. Instructor will work with the Adult Services team to ensure plans are developed and monitored for assigned clients, document and plan classroom instruction and ensure client/staff ratios to maintain a safe environment for our clients. This Instructor would provide classroom training to individuals served who are actively working to secure the skills needed to live and work as independently as possible. Communicate effectively with the individual served, families and guardians regarding individual’s progress, health, behavior issues, etc. while maintaining their Individual Rights.
The ideal candidate must be at least 18-years-old with a clean driving record be timely and dependable, reliable, flexible and professional. Only those with a therapeutic approach to behavior management should apply.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and experience working in a school setting, health or human service agency is a plus. A high school diploma, good verbal and written communication skills, sensitivity to cultural/ethical differences and basic computer skills are required. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.
The Adult Services Program Coordinator will supervise, train and monitor assigned staff in accordance to the licensing agencies and Civitan Services’ mission, policies and procedures.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the admission/discharge process and coordinating conferences
- Providing assistance and skill development training to instructors to assist them in providing age and level appropriate habilitation instruction to adults with developmental disabilities
- Working collectively with the Adult Services team to ensure individual plans are developed, implemented and monitored for each client
- Documenting daily and quarterly progress using the organization's software program
- Communicating effectively with the clients and their families
- Modeling appropriate work ethics and represent Civitan Services professionally
A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, health care, human services, social work, education or a related field is required. Good verbal and written communication skills as well as computer literacy are also required.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or work in a school/human service organization is preferred. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.
The Monitor will provide for the safety, care and supervision of clients as assigned at all times.
The position is responsible for:
- Ensuring all riders are seated and seatbelts fastened while the van is in motion
- Ensuring children are in car seats and wheelchairs are correctly secured
- Supervising and assisting individuals while loading and unloading vehicles
- Conducting emergency evacuation drills
- Ensuring no clients are left on the vehicle at the end of the route
- Following safety procedures
- Completing necessary documentation and reports as needed for licensing agencies
The ideal candidate must be at least 18-years-old with a clean driving record be timely and dependable, reliable, flexible and professional. Familiarity with Saline County roads would be helpful. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and experience working in a school setting, health or human service agency is a plus.
Good verbal and written communication skills and sensitivity to cultural/ethical differences are required. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.
This position reports to the Transportation Director.
This position supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office including:
- Administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs
- Assists in administration of compensation program
- Helps monitor employee evaluations
- Participates in recruitment of personnel
- Assists with maintaining records, reports and logs pertaining to the applicant flow process
- Processes all new hire paperwork
- Administers drug testing and background checks for state, child and adult maltreatment registries
- Sets up new and monitors existing personnel files
- Establish in-house training and development program that meets the compay's needs
- Maintains human resources software records and compiles reports as needed.
Prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources is desired.
Associate degree or equivalent two year college; or 1-3 years related experience/training is requited. A working knowledge of modern methods, techniques and principles of Human Resource Administration as well as good verbal and written communication skills are also required. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.
In cooperation with the Executive Director, the Maintenance manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities related to the usage and upkeep of the buildings and grounds of all Civitan Services properties.
Identify and resolve problems timely, gather and analyze information, develop alternative solutions taking into account the safety of employees and clients, cost effectiveness and timeliness. Develop and implement cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue and conserves organizational resources.
The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple properties. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is a plus.
A high school diploma, good verbal and written communication skills, sensitivity to cultural/ethical differences and basic computer skills are required. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.
Multiple Openings in Saline County!
Position involves supervising, training and providing assistance and support to an individual with developmental disabilities. Will work with client in areas such as recreation/leisure time in the community, communications, socialization, the development of relationships, self-care, community survival and mobility, money management, transportation and other activities that will increase the individuals participation in the community.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or a GED, ability to relate to and work with persons with developmental disabilities, ability to read and write legibly; ability to maintain accurate records. Must have use of a car, be able to drive, have a current driver’s license and liability insurance. Applicants must be able to work in a team and on a one-on-one basis.
This position reports to the Community Services Director and hours are arranged in consultation with the Director.
Sensitivity to cultural/ethical differences and basic computer skills are required. A drug test and background checks are required for all employees.